General Plan FAQs

  1. Who decides what benefits will be provided by the Plans?

    The Board of Trustees, which is comprised of an equal number of management and Guild trustees.
  2. Do I contribute to the Plans?

    No. All contributions are made by the Producers on your behalf as provided in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. There are premium requirements for certain types of Health Plan coverage.
  3. Can I buy into the Plans?

    No. The Plans can only accept contributions from producers for work you perform under a collective bargaining agreement with SAG. The only exception is when you lose Earned eligibility and are allowed to pay health premiums for Self-Pay. In addition, there are premium requirements for Earned, Earned Inactive and certain Senior Performers coverage under the Health Plan.
  4. Does joining SAG entitle me to coverage?

    No. None of the dues you pay for membership in SAG is paid to the Pension and Health Plans.
  5. How do I know if all of my earnings have been reported to P&H?

    In May of each year, you will receive an Annual Pension Summary which lists all of the earnings reported to the Plans on your behalf during the previous calendar year. You can also call the Plan Office to find out what has been reported. If you disagree with the Plan Office records, you should notify us immediately.
  6. How do I change my address with the Plans?

    You can change your address on the Plan records several ways:
    1. By filing a Change of Address Card
    2. By filing a new Performer Information Form
    3. By writing or faxing your new address with your signature
    4. By calling the Plan Office

    IMPORTANT: You must change your address with both Screen Actors Guild and the Plans separately. The Plans are a completely separate entity from the Guild.

  7. What is the Performer Information Form?

    It is the form that provides the Plans with all of your important personal information, such as your address and social security number. You must file a Performer Information Form when you first become eligible.
  8. Do I have to provide documentation for my dependents?

    Yes. You are required to provide such documentation. Examples include birth certificates and marriage certificates.
  9. Who can I name as beneficiary?

    You can name any person or organization you wish. You can also list your estate or trust.
  10. Do I need to list a second beneficiary?

    It is highly recommended. That way, you can be sure that any benefits that are payable upon your death will go to the person you have selected.